I have been vacationing in the middle of Finland at my sisters place for the past week; therefore I haven’t given much thought to food and recipes, although I did take photos of a couple of things, this soup being one of them and the other one was a almond cake of which I will be posting later on.
This soup is extremely simple - the main thing here would be the saffron and the fresh coriander, everything else in this recipe is adjustable. You can change the meat to tvp, or ground beef, some beans would probably work too. I used some organic small carrots and some spring onions since I had them at hand, but any kind of vegetables would do; I just always somehow think about carrots and onions when I make soups.
Saffron and coriander soup recipe
-400 grams ground lamb meat
-5 small carrots
-4 spring onions
-1 liter vegetable broth (or water) or enough to cover the vegetables and meat
-0,5-1 grams saffron
-black pepper according to taste
-salt according to taste
-1 tbls olive oil
- half a cup of chopped fresh coriander
1. chop the onions and carrots
2. take a saucepan and place it on medium heat
3. place the onions into the saucepan with the oil and sauté them for a small while
4. add the broth or water into the saucepan along with the carrots and saffron
5. let everything boil until the carrots start to soften
6. crumble the meat into the soup and boil until it is done
7. season with salt and pepper
8. take the saucepan of the heat, add the coriander and serve
My love for this recipe is probably mainly due to the simplicity of it all; this is fairly fast and easy, also saffron and coriander just might be two of my favorite tastes in the world, at least at the moment, and if you don’t count chocolate to the equation.
The cake I will be posting about next is one of my favorite gluten-free cakes, it does have some cons - it is fairly difficult to make and takes time, but I think that the taste makes it all worth the effort. I did take pictures of the whole process so that the directions would be as easy as possible to follow, I do hope they will take away some of the difficult aspects of the cake.
Popularity: 4% [?]